results / validation
- • learning about research on successful classroom management,
- • analyzing actual classrooms in light of best practices,
- • reflecting on their own classrooms, and
- • planning specific strategies for enhancing their classroom learning environments.
Administrators of teachers who complete COMP report a significant decrease in office referrals and an increase in professional collegiality and sharing. After classroom management training, teachers had fewer students who...
- • interrupted & called out
- • were inattentive
- • were disruptive
- • were unengaged
Teachers now had more students who...
- • were engaged
- • completed assignments
- • achieved academically
- • were successful in class lessons
Based on the findings of extensive studies, COMP received validation by the US Department of Education’s National Diffusion Network for three claims of effectiveness:
- 1. Students of teachers who have participated in COMP realize greater gains in academic achievement as measured by standardized tests than students of teachers who have not participated in the programs.
- 2. Teachers who have participated in COMP workshops show changed classroom practices that result in classroom environments more conducive to students’ learning.
- 3. Students of post workshop teachers show a significant decrease in inappropriate and disruptive behavior and a significant increase in academic engagement.